Monday, May 30, 2011

New Old Dad Rod Stewart Takes on Vegas, Changes Diapers at Same Time

Rock legend Rod Stewart sure has some "legs."

The hard rocker turned classics crooner is now heading to Las Vegas for a two-year gig at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace.��

Stewart says he didn?t need any advice from former residents Celine Dion, Cher, or Elton John about his latest career curve.

?I?ve been doing this all my life so I don't need advice,?�Stewart told FOX411.com in a sit-down interview.�?I spoke to someone last night who had appeared in Vegas and found it to be very intimidating that the audience was so close because the stage is only this high, and the audience is really close.�I love it, some people don't."

The husky voiced rocker kicks off "Rod Stewart: The Hits" on August 24th. Stewart is also working on a blues album, with eight tracks already recorded.� He looks forward to playing those songs live along with his hits.

"This is something I've always wanted to do", Stewart said.� And after playing eight shows at the Colosseum for a test run last fall, he said he foind out he has to work harder for the Sin City crowd.�"You have to work them a bit more especially the mid-week crowd. Friday and Saturday night you are fine because they're usually all drunk anyway?

Being a new dad at 66-years old is another challenge Stewart is happily facing.�

"I?m still not good at changing nappies, but I do do it," he admitted. "But I don't get up in the middle of the night to do it. I do the daytime s**ts. It is what it is guys!?

Stewart said he's making up for lost time with his other children. ?Thirty years ago it was all work, work, work, carving out a career for myself and you know. I didn't see a great deal of my two oldest Sean and Kimberly. But we're making up for it now."

And by the time Stewart starts his Vegas residency, daughter Kimberly, who is having a baby with actor Benicio del Toro, will be about ready to pop.

Which means even from nappies for Grandpa Stewart to change.

movies showcase cinemas movies news news media news

No comments:

Post a Comment